All abstract submissions have been due on the 15 April 2019.
Abstract System Instructions:
Rimacau2019 Abstract System Instructions (English)
Under the main theme, “Together, leaving no one behind, in disability-inclusive and rights-based progress”, oral and poster presentations are invited on the following Sub-themes, which may be grouped into breakout sessions:
- Accessibility in built environment and transport, and information communication technology
- Community-Based Rehabilitation and community support services
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Incheon Strategy, UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Disability-inclusive disaster risk reduction, and post-disaster rehabilitation
- Early assessment and training
- Gender and disabilities
- Inclusive school and post-secondary education
- Long-term comprehensive policy and programme planning
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Parents’ movement and Family Care Homes
- People with dementia
- Vocational training, work and employment, social enterprise, and income generating strategies
- WHO ICF
- All abstract submissions are due on 15 April 2019 and must be submitted online. Abstracts submitted via fax or email will not be accepted.
- Authors are strongly advised to ensure the accuracy of the submitted abstracts. Any mistakes in literature or in scientific facts will be published as what is typed.
- The Scientific Committee of RI Asia Pacific Regional Conference 2019 reserves the right to accept or refuse an abstract, to designate abstracts either for full papers or poster presentations and to choose a suitable session for the abstract. The author’s preference of the type of the presentation and theme will be taken into account.
- All presenters must register for the conference and assume responsibility for their own transportation and lodging. The Scientific Committee may waive registration fee of selected presenters.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the program materials. Editorial changes may be made to accepted abstracts at the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
- For the abstracts accepted by the Scientific Committee of RI Asia Pacific Regional Conference 2019, the authors must submit their presentation in Microsoft Power Point (PPT) format before 31 May 2019 .
Guidelines for preparation and submission of abstract
- All applications should be submitted online. (Abstract Submission)
- The deadline for abstract submission is 15 April 2019.
- The abstract may not have been published or otherwise been submitted for consideration for publication or presentation elsewhere.
- Please provide three to five key words or phrases for reference.
- Standard abbreviations are accepted. If special abbreviations are used, they should be written fully in parentheses the first time they appear in the text.
- The abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- The abstract will be published as conference proceedings.
- Multiple abstracts are welcome from attendees/authors.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Notification of acceptance will be made via e-mail by 22 April 2019.
Format of the Abstract and Submission form
- The abstract should adhere to the following structure:
● Abstract Title
● Type of Presentation:
A. Poster Only (submission forma: PDF, A2 size, Chinese or English)
B. Oral (for speak presentation)
A. Accessibility in built environment and transport, information communication technology, and disability-inclusive technology, innovation
B. Early assessment and training
C. Inclusive school and post-secondary education
D. Vocational training, work and employment, social enterprise, and income generating strategies
E. Gender and disabilities
F. People with dementia
G. Parents movement and Family Care Homes
H. Disability-inclusive disaster risk reduction, and post-disaster rehabilitation
I. WHO International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health
J. Community-Based Rehabilitation and community support services
K. Long-term comprehensive policy and programme planning
L. Mental Health and Psychiatric Rehabilitation
M. Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), Incheon Strategy and Sustainable Development Goals
- The following format should be strictly followed：
● Indicate the sub-theme topic that best categorizes your abstract (please refer to the list of sub-theme).
● Use a separate paragraph for each section of the abstract.
● Please do not include references, formulas, tables or graphics.
Abstracts selected for oral or poster presentation will be based on:
- Clarity of title
- Proficiency of language
- Relevancy to identified Conference subthemes
- Clarity and significance of content in practice intervention, research, or policy debates
- Clarity and significance of outcome, findings or conclusion
- Word count and format